Now is a time of uncertainty, and that makes it more important than ever to pull out all the stops when it comes to leading, focusing, and motivating your teams.
Are you a veteran of the office-kitchen and a natural at juggling homeschooling with the last-minute end-of-year budget revisions? Perhaps you oversee what became a remote working organisation overnight?
Either way, fear not!
As always there is a tech stack which can help, and here is a list of some of my favourites to support your team’s focus, cohesion and wellbeing.
- Communicate effectively with video conferencing, chats, and memes – all to help reduce isolation and to keep the team spirit alive. Popular tools are Slack, MS Teams (bundled with Office 365) and Zoom.
- Children, daytime TV, and strangely enough, washing up can prove to be a tempting distraction for many. Now is the time to up your performance management game and stay focused! Use a simple, online platform to set clear goals that will help you promote accountability and follow up daily. One way of boosting performance and making autonomy a strength whilst delivering a great employee experience is OKRs. Here’s a practical guide on OKR created in collaboration with Bisnode.
- Start using e-learning. This can help you introduce your new home-working toolset, and an extended time at home will provide ample opportunities to learn new things if the business is a bit slower than usual. I have been told good things about Docebo and they offer a two-week free trial. Linkedin Learning also offers lots of content for free.
- No scanners at home? Move to digital contracts. GetAccept does a great job for HR, Finance, and Sales.
- Oh yes, the list does include Winningtemp, but not without good reason! Our clients say the platform is crucial at this time, as it helps bring the team together, provide direction on where support is needed, increase wellbeing and supports positivity. You can use the free trial to generate engagement data, identify strengths, and focus your team with OKRs or SMART goals straight away.